Sunday, July 15, 2012

Interview about Goals

I was asked several questions about my goals recently and I thought I'd put them on "paper" and let the whole world see.  Why?  Because I want to achieve my goals and accountability is part of that.  So, I am giving my blessing to anybody who reads this and wants to keep me accountable:  if you see me faltering, TELL ME!  I want you to keep me accountable and help me reach some of my goals. 






I also want to let you know that I will never ask my clients to do something I would not do myself.  So when I answer these questions that were asked, I would ask these things of my clients and of myself.


1.  What are your fitness goals?


My fitness goals include losing at least 150 pounds, doing 25 push ups on my toes (REAL push ups), seeing some definition in my abs, and working out 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes of hard work or an hour of not as hard work.


2.  How far do you have to go?


As of today (July 15, 2012), I need to lose 127.6 more pounds, still be able to do 20 more pushups on my toes, see a LOT more definition in my abs, and consistently workout 5 times a week.  


3.  What do you have to do to reach them?


This is a tough question.  Let's start with the easy one:  be able to do 25 pushups on my toes.  I want to be able to do this by the end of August.  I know I can reach this goal, but it's going to have to work in conjunction with my other goal of working out 5 times a week.  I HAVE to build my strength and be dedicated enough to see that doing 25 pushups on my toes is a big deal (I haven't been able to do that since high school... over 10 years ago).  


To see more definition in my abs, I definitely need to be focused and dedicated to working out 5 times a week.  I also need to be watching my diet.  No soda, refined sugars, processed foods, and very little sodium is how I will see progress there.  


To lose 127.6 more pounds, again, I have to workout 5 times a week, watch what I eat, and stay dedicated to the fact that I'm getting healthier.


4.  What are you willing to do to get there?


I am willing to cut out all soda, refined and FAKE sugars, processed foods, and lower my sodium to get to the number on the scale.  I am also willing to limit my alcohol intake to one drink a week.  I will work to eat out a lot less (limit it to twice a week- once with Mike, once with my co-workers).  I also am committed to working out 5 days a week for at least a half hour when I do Chalean Extreme and a whole hour if I am walking or playing tennis or doing some other form of cardio work.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So there they are folks!  My goals.  On "paper" for the world to see.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






You know I'm always good for a challenge.  :-)  


So here it is:  I want you to take the four questions I have posted here that someone recently asked me and ask yourself these four questions.  THEN, I want you to find someone to keep you accountable.  It can be a spouse, a friend, a co-worker, even me...  Then tell your answers to that person.  Ask them to hold you accountable like I just asked you to hold me accountable.  Feel free to comment below too if you want.  I want to see what your goals are.  Then, let's work on meeting those goals together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment