Sunday, June 24, 2012

How do you see success?

I've been on this weight loss journey for several months now.  I've seen the scale move down quickly at times, but other times, it's been a VERY slow progress.  There are weeks where I do not see the scale move at all.  It can be upsetting, but then I remember I am seeing OTHER changes occurring.  I have to see the victories OFF the scale in order to keep myself motivated sometimes.



Here are some changes I see:


I'm down two sizes in bathing suits from last year.  That's incredible for me!!  I felt sexy in a bathing suit the last time at the pool several weeks ago and that hasn't happened in...  well, EVER.  I felt amazing.  That's a HUGE victory.

I'm also seeing my clothes fit much, much looser.  My nice dresses I have for those special times when Mike wants to take me out do not fit and I had to get them altered to be SMALLER!!!

I'm also making healthier choices.  Last night Mike and I went to Smokey Bones for dinner.  I LOVE that place.  I got the pulled pork with roasted corn and mashed potatoes.  I only ate half my dinner and brought the other half home for Mike to enjoy for lunch today.  It's not just eating smaller portions though.  I'm choosing a salad with some Balsamic dressing over the loads of Ranch dressing I just love.  I haven't had soda in...  oh, I'd say about 4 months.  Fast Food is out of the picture.  I feel amazing!!!!



Here's the biggest change:


I have ENERGY that I never had before.  I can go up and down the stairs in my new house and yes, I still have a long way to go, but I do not feel like I'm winded just by walking up 20 steps.  I can walk quickly through the airport (as quickly as my luggage allows) and feel amazing.  I am building muscles and really learning that being healthy is not an obsession, it's not a fad, it's not a temporary fix.  It's a LIFESTYLE change that I plan on continuing to make.



So, if you're not seeing the scale move like you want it to, remember there are other victories to celebrate.  Find them!!!  Share them with others!!!  And CELEBRATE the fact that you are on the road to ending the trend of obesity in America!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment