Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pizza= Weakness for me

When changing your lifestyle, you are training your body to eat things and do things it isn't used to.  Because of this, there will be some weaknesses.  I know I have struggled with several things.  I'm continually training my body to be strong and fight through it but there are situations where that just isn't possible.

PIZZA is a HUGE weakness for me.  I cannot seem to avoid it and no matter what I tell myself before hand, I always seem to think "just one piece" is ok.  Unfortunately, I cannot STOP at one piece.  I end up having two or three.  So how do I help myself overcome this? 



First, I think of how the pizza makes me feel AFTER I eat it and throughout the next few hours.  Without fail, I ALWAYS feel like garbage.  I'm very sluggish and my attitude changes for the worse.  I am not a happy person.  I am always thirsty and cannot seem to stop additional cravings.

Next, I think of ways I can still have my pizza but without the horrible feelings.  Making homemade pizza is a great way to help give you the pizza.  One of my favorites is to take a whole wheat tortilla, spread some pizza sauce on and put 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese on it.  Add a ton of veggies (like bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, onions).  Bake it in the oven for a few minutes at about 300 degrees and you have pizza!!! 

Here are other recipes you can try too from Eating Well.

Healthy Pizza Recipes from Eating Well



The key is using cleaner ingredients, LESS CHEESE, and less greasy pepperoni and other meats.  Use LOTS of veggies and thinner crusts.  You can still have your PIE and eat it TOO!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Having been born and raised in Chicago, I know a couple of things about pizza. For decades, I considered it as part of the food pyramid. Since I started my lifestyle change four weeks ago, I have been able to give up both pizza and soda altogether. How did I do this? Willpower and by preparing three to four days of meals at once so I do not have the excuse to order pizza or go out and get some fast food. I was tired of being overweight and made the decision to do something about it. I was thin and very athletic back in high school and college and truly believe I can return to this with a proper life-change (diet) and exercise. Now, with that being said, do I still want pizza from time to time? Definitely and once I hit my goal, I will probably have a slice to celebrate. The key is to incorporate portion control and not go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's awesome when we can overcome and harness the power of WILL POWER. And like you said, it's a decision we make. We CHOOSE to be healthy and that's a huge part of harnessing that power. Making the decision.

      Preparing meals in advance is also a great way to stay focused... I have a blog in the works for that... So stay tuned. :-)

      Delete