Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekly Meal Prep- Does it help????

I mentioned in another blog the importance of planning ahead.  When I am traveling and know I will be on the road, I plan ahead by making sure I have access to a refrigerator and/ or microwave and that there is a grocery store or Wal Mart near by.  That's the easy part.  What comes after that though???

When I find out that there is a Wal Mart or grocery store nearby, I plan out exactly what I will be eating for the week:  breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Then I make a grocery list.  I also decide which ONE night I will either eat out or order room service (depending on the hotel).  

This week, I will be in Bowling Green, KY.  It's only about 2 hours away from me, so I will be able to drive there.  Which MEANS, YAY!! I get to take almost everything with me.  

Breakfasts are easy:  Shakeology!  I already cut up the cherries I will blend with it and I will buy bananas when I get there.  I will take with me my PB2 and Shakeology.  


Lunches are a bit more challenging as I need something to take with me as I don't have time to go out and grab something to eat in between sessions.  This week, I plan on buying cut up lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, and radishes.  I'll take with me some balsamic spray dressing (10 sprays= 10 calories!!).  I will buy some turkey lunch meat (sliced from the deli if possible) for my protein.  I'll also buy some Greek yogurt for a mid-morning protein snack and some apples.  That should take care of my lunches.





I will go out to dinner on Thursday night.  Probably eat something at the hotel restaurant, such as salmon or steak, maybe grilled chicken with some grilled zucchini.  That sounds tasty.  Other dinners will include items similar to my lunch.  Lots of veggies, salads, and maybe some microwavable fish if I can find some.  





What is the benefit of planning ahead?  By planning ahead, I am able to stay on track and focused.  I know exactly what I'm eating, no matter where I am.  It's definitely worth the hour or two I spend planning on a Sunday evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment