Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chalean Extreme Changed My Mind

Chalene Johnson is my new hero. On April 4, 2012, I started a 90-day challenge to complete ChaLean Extreme and see how it impacted my life. Before ChaLean Extreme, I was not a believer in strength training. I always thought CARDIO was the key to losing weight. While cardio is great to build endurance, the muscles you build while exercising are what increase your metabolism which allows you to burn the calories you take in quicker. I have found that since beginning ChaLean Extreme, I have lost a couple of inches everywhere and 15 pounds. I am thrilled!!! Chalene Johnson has given me something to look forward to every morning. The exercise routines are EASY to do, and as I travel, I can do them on the road with my handy portable DVD player and resistance bands. The programs range from 11 minutes through 50 minutes.

There are three phases to the program. The burn phase is designed to burn a ton of calories and familiarize yourself with the fundamental moves of the program. Phase two is where we work on building serious muscle. I have found I am losing inches in this phase but not as much weight. I'm building muscles!!! During this phase, I have found muscles I had no idea I still had! The final phase is the lean phase. As I work through this phase, I will keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment