Friday, July 27, 2012

How do you keep going when the going is tough?

Has this ever happened in your life?  I know it has in mine!

The scale doesn't cooperate...
The co workers want to eat out and you can't say no because the boss is going...
One beer turns into one beer too many...
The 24 hours that were there turned into not so many...
It's just a tough day, week, month...

So the going is getting tough.  Remember not to focus too much on the past.  The past is behind us.  We are looking forward.

Here are 10 tips I focus on when I'm trying to regain my focus:

1.  Focus on today!  Focus on what you can control right now.  I don't know about you, but I can only handle focusing on what is happening right now.  Even focusing on the whole day seems like a lot.  So take a moment and focus on just what is happening right in this instance.

2.  Try to release the stress and tension.  This isn't helping you focus.  Take a brisk walk.  Exercise.  Go hit a few tennis balls.  Get a massage. 

3.  Reach out for support.  Beachbody coaches provide FREE personal support to help you get back on track.  This type of support is invaluable for me.  My Beachbody coach is amazing and I could not do this without her.  It's one of the reasons I became a Beachbody coach.  So I could help others struggling through the same things I am.  If you are not ready to connect with a Beachbody coach, connect with a friend.  Surround yourself with positive people who are there to support you.

4.  Hold on to hope and gratitude.  Be hopeful that you will pull through this challenging time.  Be grateful for the victories you have already achieved.

5.  Comfort and care for yourself.  Take the time to take care of you!  If you need 15 minutes away from everybody, take that time.  Read a book, close your eyes, take a nap, grab a cup of coffee.  Whatever you need to do to comfort yourself.  Do it!  (But don't use FOOD!)

6.  Know that this struggle is temporary.  No matter what the struggle is, it will hellp you grow and learn.  It is also just temporary.

7.  Let go of what you cannot control.  Just like #1 says to focus on what you can control, do the opposite with the things you cannot control.  You probably cannot control where a group of co workers go for dinner.  You express an opinion, but you don't have the ultimate say so.   BUT you can control what goes in your mouth!  Drink one beer if you must.  Drink only water!  Don't touch the chips at a Mexican restaraunt.  But let go of the things out of your control. 

8.  Commit to a goal.  What do you want to achieve today?  Tomorrow?  This week?  This month?  This year?  Think of what you want to achieve and then commit to it!  It won't happen if you don't commit.

9.  Lean on faith.  God has given you a beautiful body and He wants you to take care of it.  BUT He loves  you no matter what.  Even if you trip up for a night and gobble down a whole tub of ice cream.  He still loves you but lean on the fact that He wants you to take care of your body. 

10.  Allow yourself to dream.  This is my favorite one.  My husband and I settled on the dates for our Hawaiian vacation today.  We leave July 18.  I am dreaming of a sexy me lounging on the beach with a 90 lb weight loss under my belt.  Guess what?  It's not only a dream but a goal!  I can most definitely do it.  It will take a LOT of hard work, but the dream is taking shape. 

Take each of these and ponder what they mean to you during the tough times.  You can do this!  Make a goal, lean on people for support, dream!  You are a beautiful person!

No comments:

Post a Comment